Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Here Comes 2016!


retouched image via

Hello and welcome back to Perennial Petals!

In a few short days it will be 2016 - it's hard to believe!  This past year has held a lot of change for me, and personally, I am very exited to see what the future may hold!  

Just a few short weeks ago, my new shop opened, which means that to me, 2016 is all about the future.  I am very excited heading into this new year, and sometimes like to take a minute to think about all the possibilities of things to come!

Now I know the future is never certain, but it is always fun to try and predict which way things will go!  Each new year lends itself to floral trends, and after reflecting on 2015, I think 2016 will be year of fantastic color and designs!

Every bride and dinner host/hostess has their own style, and I think 2016 will have even more individuality expressed through floral choices.  While DIY has been on the rise, and with more and more YouTube channels and Pinterest boards to turn to, it is easier and easier to do it yourself, I think florists will be working with their clients on the designs.  I also think there will be more of a variation in colors and styles.  Where we sometimes have a run of shabby chic or beach-themes, I think the individual styles of each bride or otherwise will shine through even more than years past.

I am expecting to mix flowers and themes that might not have been the norm in the past, and to see both muted tones and bright colors, depending on each person's style.  I also expect that integrated elements will be more and more.  That is to say, floral arrangements incorporated with things like glass ornaments, photographs, glass bottles and even fabric flowers.

While each new year is always a surprise, I think this new year is going to be a beautiful one!  And I for one am looking forward to it!

I wish you a bright and wonderful New Year - may 2016 be the best year yet!

------------------
Bridget is the proud Owner of Flower Designs by Bridget, bringing European Certification and 20 years experience to Pinellas County, Florida, where she lives with her husband (Air Force, Ret.) and two children.  When she is not in her shop, you will find her enjoying a cup of Roiboos tea with her family and several cats and dogs (including one named Daisy).  While the holiday greens and decorations of December are her favorite, she looks forward to bringing you sunshine and smiles through flowers all year round!   

No comments:

Post a Comment